The Cheboygan Housing Commission is a Public Housing Authority (PHA). The PHA offers two federally funded rental assistance programs. Rent is based on all income of all adults living in the home. As a service to its residents, City of Cheboygan ordinance allows for the PHA’s continued operation in cooperation agreement with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Our mission is to provide safe, decent and sanitary housing conditions for very low-income families and to manage resources efficiently. The PHA is to promote social determinants of health and support personal, economic and social upward mobility to provide families the opportunity to make the transition from subsidized to non-subsidized housing.
Housing Commission Board & Staff
- Director: Catherine Schulz Director
- Commissioner: Richard Cartmill, FYE 3/31/2021 Board President
- Commissioner: Randy Elliott, Approving Official
- Commissioner: Terrence Keating, FYE 3/31/2021 Board Vice President
- Commissioner: Constance Rieger
- Commissioner: Dorene Stempky, Executive Director (ret.)
Board of Commissioners Meetings
Board meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 12noon at Cheboygan City Hall. Contact the management office for meeting information or to request an accommodation to access or participate in meetings.